Saint Luke Parish Community
141 Maple Street
P.O. Box 246
Ellington, Connecticut 06029-0246
2022 Father Thomas Plathottam Memorial Scholarship
Dear Scholarship Applicant:
Please click here to print the Scholarship Application All sections must be completed and submitted by the deadline of 6 pm - Monday May 16th, 2022.
Scholarship Application: The St. Luke Parish of Ellington, CT. will be giving five - (5) - $1,500 scholarships, one per family per year to qualifying candidates who will be attending a college or a Catholic high school in the upcoming academic year.
All applications must be dropped off at the rectory at the below address or handed to Father George or Father Bijoy before or after Mass.
Saint Luke Parish
141 Maple Street
PO Box 246
Ellington, CT 06029
Scholarship Application Deadline is no later than 6 pm - Monday May 16th, 2022.
Incomplete applications or applications received after this date will not be considered. Applicant’s family must be a contributing member of St. Luke Parish, ex. (time, talent, treasure). All the following must be included with your completed application form in a sealed envelope:
- Recent wallet, 3x5 or 4x6 size photo of yourself
- High school (through 3rd quarter of this year) or college transcripts
- Acceptance letter and financial aid statement of annual cost of attendance and financial aid received including; grants and scholarships awarded.
- Parent’s most recent Federal Tax Return (Form 1040)
- One page typewritten essay on why you should be considered to be a recipient of the Father Thomas Plathottam Scholarship.
Each award will be based on the following criteria:
- Parish involvement
- Community service
- Financial need – (specify details if extenuating circumstances)